||How can I become a subscriber?
To order a subscription, please call 617-482-2595 to order a free subscription brochure or use our online order form. Subscriptions for the 2016-17 season go on sale April 13.
Why is there a service charge for telephone and Internet orders?
The service charge covers the cost of mailing and other operational costs for our box office, including credit card commissions charged by banks. Our service charges are among the lowest in the city.
How can I avoid paying a service charge for individual ticket purchases?
Purchase your tickets at the Celebrity Series of Boston offices at 20 Park Plaza, Suite 1032, Boston (the Statler Office Building), or visit the appropriate performance venue box office .
Why are there sometimes few seats left when tickets have just recently
gone on sale?
Some performances sell out to subscribers in advance of public sale. Tickets are offered to Celebrity Series subscribers in April, prior to public sale of individual tickets in September.
Where do Celebrity Series performances take place?
Celebrity Series performances are held at venues throughout Greater Boston, including Symphony Hall, New England Conservatory’s Jordan Hall, Calderwood Pavillion, Berklee Performance Center, Pickman Hall, Citi Wang Theatre, Citi Shubert Theatre, Boston Opera House, and Sanders Theatre. For a complete list of 2013-2014 venues and related information, visit our ] page.
||Will the Celebrity Series provide a sign language interpreter for spoken word performances?
The Celebrity Series of Boston offers sign language interpretation upon request. Requests for sign language interpreters must be received at least four weeks prior to the event by contact the Production Office at 617-598-3239 or email@example.com. All requests are subject to the availability of an interpreter and provided at the discretion of the management.
Where can I park?
Parking information for Celebrity Series venues is available on our page.
How long are the performances?
Performance durations vary, but most last approximately 2 hours, including intermissions. Dance performances can be of various lengths, and may have more than one intermission. Encores may increase the length of a performance.
What is an appropriate age for children to begin attending Celebrity Series performances?
The Celebrity Series welcomes children age 5 and older to most performances.
Are there discount tickets for students?
Student Rush tickets are available for many Celebrity Series performances. For information and availability, visit our Student Rush page, call 617-482-2595, or to receive regular email notices.
How can I get a refund if I can’t use my tickets?
Ticket refunds are not available, however, Celebrity Series subscribers may exchange their tickets for another performance. Call 617-482-6661 or visit our page for more information about subscribing.
If I lose my tickets, can they be reprinted?
Your tickets can be reprinted if you can provide proof of original purchase such as a credit card receipt and proper identification. Call 617-482-6661 for assistance.
What is your policy regarding inclement weather?
Celebrity Series performances take place as scheduled regardless of the weather. In the rare case of postponement or cancellation due to a weather emergency, information will be available via the following outlets:
- Via recorded message at the Celebrity Series offices, (617) 482-2595
- On this website, www.celebrityseries.org
- Via cancellation notices with local media outlets
- By calling the performance venue (see phone numbers on our venues page)
||It is Celebrity Series of Boston policy to notify all ticket holders by phone in the event of a cancellation. Please be advised that there will be no exchanges or refunds for performances that take place as scheduled.
What is your group sales policy?
Celebrity Series of Boston offers ticket discounts to groups of ten (10) or more for most performances:
- 10 - 49 tickets: 10% discount
- 50 or more tickets: 20% discount
For more information on tickets for groups, a downloadable order form, and other information, visit our Group Discounts page.
Can I or my business advertise in your program books?
Ads are available in program books for all performances in Symphony Hall, NEC's Jordan Hall, Sanders Theatre, Opera House, and Berklee Performance CenterPickman Hall and the Calderwood Pavilion.
Read our Program book (.pfd).
What types of performances does the Celebrity Series present?
The Celebrity Series presents world-class performers from around the globe in a variety of performing arts disciplines, including classical music, orchestras, instrumentalists, vocalists, early music, choral music, chamber music, jazz, popular and folk music, ballet, modern and folk dance, and theatre.
What does Celebrity Series do besides performances?
The Celebrity Series operates the nationally recognized Arts for All! program which works in collaboration with schools and community organizations to introduce young audiences to the performing arts.
How many performances does the Celebrity Series present annually?
The Celebrity Series typically presents between 45 and 50 different presentations each year in venues throughout Greater Boston.
When was Celebrity Series of Boston founded?
The Celebrity Series was founded in 1938 as the Aaron Richmond Celebrity Series. The Series incorporated as a nonprofit corporation in 1989.
Where can I purchase individual tickets to Celebrity Series performances?
Tickets may be purchased:
- Online, 24 hours a day, at www.celebrityseries.org
- By calling CelebrityCharge at (617) 482-6661 (Monday- Friday 10am - 4pm) (Summer hours: Friday 10am-1pm)
- In groups of 10 or more by calling (617) 482-2595
- Or by contacting the appropriate performance venue: For a complete list of venues and related information, visit our venues page.
What is a subscriber?
A subscriber is a Celebrity Series patron who purchases a set of tickets to three (3) or more performances in a season.
Why should I become a subscriber?
Celebrity Series subscribers are often the only ones to attend sold-out performances by world-renowned artists, and subscribers receive a number of special benefits:
- Subscribers receive Guaranteed Subscriber Prices - a substantial savings over box office prices
- Renewing subscribers who choose seven (7) or more performances are given top priority for seating preference
- Lost ticket protection guarantees easy ticket replacement if your tickets are lost or misplaced
- Subscribers can exchange tickets easily when their plans change
- Subcribers may purchase additional tickets at subscription discount prices
- Subscribers receive advance notice and first choice when additional performances are scheduled during the season
- No service charge is assessed for additional tickets ordered throughout the season
- Child tickets are available for certain performances at a special price, with seating adjacent to your subscriber seats - check at time of order
- Subscribers can choose to receive Subscriber E-mail Alerts prior to each performance.
- Alerts will include program changes, selected program notes, links to parking maps and information, tips on events taking place near each performance for planning purposes