Let’s Dance Boston returns this September with bands that are sure to make you move! For this week’s “Mixtape Monday,” we’re giving you a taste of what to expect on the dance floor with music from the artists who will be playing live. Like what you hear? Be sure to join us September 13-17 at Dewey Square Park on the Greenway for this free, five-day dance party!
And don’t worry if you don’t have the moves: Before each band takes the stage, we’ll have expert dance instructors teaching the basics of the featured dance style of the day. After the 45-minute lesson, a live band performs a 90-minute set to accompany the dancing and continue the party.
Our live music lineup includes:
- SWING: Michael Gamble and the Rhythm Serenaders, featuring Laura Windley – Wednesday, September 13
- MAMBO: Tito Puente, Jr. and His Orchestra – Thursday, September 14
- ’70s DISCO: The Loser’s Lounge – Friday, September 15
- SALSA: Orquesta SCC “La Excelencia” – Saturday, September 16
- KLEZMER: Alicia Svigals’ Klezmer Fiddle Express – Sunday, September 17
Explore the Soundcloud playlist below to hear tracks from our featured bands:
Learn more at celebrityseries.org/letsdanceboston